The Baker Thomas Band is a monster machine of pure energy, good vibes and great tunes. Their typical habitat is every Thursday at Toad but they can also be seen all around town and Camber-ville. This Sunday is different however, as the band will take to the seas! Thats this coming Sunday (7/20). I caught up with band leader and all around good dude, Tom Bianchi, to talk about the show and why you all need to be there!
1) So Baker Thomas Band on a boat? Tell us about the show and how this came about? What can people expect?
Tom B: The band loves playing Toad… but every summer I try to book at least one big show.
Last year we did Naukabout, I don’t think Nauk is up this season… so… boat cruise! Why not? We’re psyched.
2) There’s a lot of folks in Baker Thomas…everyone is in Baker Thomas Band, right? That being the case, you must have a lifeguard right. We are going to be safe on this boat, yeah? Who is the band’s resident life saver?
Tom B: Oh yah know… what’s a little fun with out a little danger? We’ll see. BTW, our drummer is a certified life guard! (and I’m a fairly stable flotation device.)
3) I assume the boat is bigger than Toad…so no chance of sinking? But for real, what kind of music can we expect…any sea shanties planned?
Tom B: We’re having a big ol’ mega rehearsal on Wednesday. All these special guest play plenty of tunes with us on Thursday’s, but we wanted to make sure we had one rehearsal to firm things up a bit and also bang out some new stuff.
4) How about special guests? Any very secret special guests planned?
Tom B: The special guests are listed… but there are some others sneakin’ on the boat as well. I hear rumor that Eric Schwartz, Ansel Barum and a few other may be making an appearance!
5) Ok…now plug anything else, including the boat cruise, that you have coming up as the band!
Tom B: BOAT CRUSIE BOAT CRUISE BOAT CRUISE!!!! JULY 20TH! 2 PM BOARD, MUSIC STARTS AT 2:30!
www.rockandbluescruise.com for tickets!!!!